Saturday, May 7, 2011

Collection Update 5/6

It's going to be 5/7 by the time I actually get this posted, but I doubt anybody cares.

Picked up a few goodies tonight, including and limited to: The Frames' Burn the Maps, the reissue of Chiodos's All's Well that Ends Well, and Green Day's Dookie.

I already have (had) a copy of Dookie, but it, among about 20 other CDs, was stolen from my car, and I haven't gotten around to replacing most of them yet, including Dookie. At my favorite local record store, I found a copy of it that has two rare features: a brown CD tray, and back art that still has the Ernie hand puppet.

That's right, Dookie was originally released with a hand puppet of Sesame Street's Ernie front and center:


Either to avoid legal action or outcry from parents who might've mistaken Dookie for a childrens' album, Ernie was airbrushed out of later printings.  How much later, I can't say, but I think it's safe to assume that it was around a year or less...   I don't think that  any of the copies were recalled, so all the ones that had been released are still out there...  Released in February '94, certified platinum in August of the same.... it's probably less than a million, but there's no way to know for sure.  And if there is, I'd sure like to know about it.  In any case, it's nothing short of hard-to-find.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts? Questions? Insults? Death threats? I'd love to hear 'em!