Sunday, September 11, 2011

Three cheers for foresight!

I took my computer in to Best Buy the other day for some diagnostics; the main problem was that I couldn't get on to the iTunes store. My hard drive failed a couple of their tests, so they recommended a replacement, which mean that all of my programs and files, including my iTunes library, would be forever lost. Thankfully, however, I had my external hard drive from which I could restore my old files.


You'd think so, wouldn't you?




Turns out, for some yet-un-discerned-but-I-don't-have-the-energy-to-worry-anyway reason, my EHD isn't letting me restore any of my files! It could be for a reason as basic as the username, but right now I'm just worried about making this thing usable. In any case, this means that my iTunes library is limited to storing the 300-some purchased songs from my account that I managed to transfer, and the three CDs I just posted about earlier today. Most of the albums I'd purchased through iTunes were later re-purchased on CD, and the files from said CDs replaced the purchased files, so a vast number of my iTunes purchases are unfortunately absent from my computer.


But, there is good news.


I remembered to bring my CD wallet!!! Thirty-two of my favorite albums, including and limited to:

I-Empire- Angels & Airwaves
Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band- The Beatles
Enema of the State- Blink-182
Bone Palace Ballet: Grand Coda- Chiodos
Blue Sky Noise- Circa Survive
Viva La Vida or Death and All His Friends- Coldplay
For All of This- The Early November
From Under the Cork Tree (Limited Edition)- Fall Out Boy
Infinity on High- Fall Out Boy
Dookie- Green Day
Nimrod- Green Day
Warning- Green Day
American Idiot- Green Day
Clarity- Jimmy Eat World
Bleed American- Jimmy Eat World
Futures- Jimmy Eat World
Meteora- Linkin Park
Everything In Transit- Jack's Mannequin
The Black Parade- My Chemical Romance
Danger Days: The True Lives of the Fabulous Killjoys- My Chemical Romance
Nickel Creek- Nickel Creek
A Fever You Can't Sweat Out- Panic! at the Disco
Pretty. Odd.- Panic at the Disco
Ten- Pearl Jam
The Bends- Radiohead
MMHMM- Relient K
Five Score and Seven Years Ago- Relient K
Forget and Not Slow Down- Relient K
Weezer- Weezer
Pinkerton- Weezer
Maladroit- Weezer
Ocean Avenue- Yellowcard

This will definitely be enough to get me by until my parents can bring some out to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts? Questions? Insults? Death threats? I'd love to hear 'em!